Friday, March 21, 2014

My Favorite Scout Visit

We have scout troops come through the station all the time.  But, this past weekend, we hosted my favorite troop ever.  Troop 704--which just happens to be Connor's troop.  They also have a troop leader that I'm kind of fond of as well...


The boys got a tour of the station before the show began.  Their favorite part of the tour was when our floor crew put them on camera and they could see themselves on the in-studio monitors.  We heard lots of "Hey look, I'm on TV..."


They also liked the control room, especially the sound board and its ability to play all sorts of sound effects that 11-year-olds think are hilarious...


Here are the boys watching the show...


And watching me wait for my weather segment...


At the end of the show, they even made a cameo on TV!  We put them on set with us for the end of the show, although none of the leaders took a picture of that part.  Oh well.

After the show, I answered a few questions to help them earn their weather merit badge, and then we finished the tour in the kitchen set with hot chocolate for everyone.

The boys had a great time, and it was fun to have them there.  Whenever we have tours come through the station, it reminds me just how cool my job is.  When you do something day-in-and-day-out, it tends to start feeling a little mundane.  But, when you see the process of putting on a show through their eyes, it makes you realize how awesome it is that I actually get *paid* to do something so fun!  It was great to have them there.  Hopefully, they learned something--and had a little fun too.  --Lindsay

1 comment:

Kristy said...

OP still talks about our visit to the news station. I hope Connor's group found it to be as memorable. :)