Irish For the Day
We don't do much for St. Patrick's Day around these parts. I think I have one St. Patrick's decoration. Yep, one. However, a few years ago, I started doing a few little traditions--all of them involving food. Because I'm a sucker for food. Probably four or five years ago, I started making the kids Green Eggs and Ham for breakfast each St. Patrick's Day...
Super nasty looking, right?!? It's so gross looking that I decided to take a break from it a couple years ago and do Rainbow Pancakes instead. They were really cute, but the boys missed the Green Eggs and Ham. So, the tradition of eating Green Eggs & Ham continues in the Storrs' Family. Here are the big boys eating the gross-looking stuff before heading off to school...
Cohen got up about an hour later and enjoyed his as well...
Viv just refused to eat it, touch it or even look at it (and can you really blame her???). She had Lucky Charms instead. I guess that's sort of appropriate for St. Patrick's Day--with the Lucky the Leprechaun and all.
The other tradition we started just a few years ago was making Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner on St. Patrick's Day...
Mike introduced me to this dish at the beginning of our marriage. I had never had it before, but it was always a tradition in his family when he was growing up. I think Corned Beef and Cabbage gets a bad rap, so I was a little nervous to try it the first time. But, I loved it from the first bite! Corned beef is so yummy. I love cabbage. The potatoes are always delish. And, Mike makes this brown sugar and honey sauce that is divine!
So, there's the rundown on our St. Patrick's Day "festivities." They're not fancy, but they sure are delicious!! Luck o' the Irish to ye! --Lindsay






No comments:
Post a Comment