Monday, July 8, 2013

Spring Soccer & Coach Pitch (or Why I'm a Bad Mother)

Yep, I'm the worst mom ever.  You want to know why?  Because both the spring soccer and coach pitch seasons are over, and this is the only picture I took the entire season...


Yep, one picture!  This is Aiden right after he made a goal.  Other than that, I didn't take any.  I just kept thinking, "Oh, I can take pictures at the next game."  Well before I knew it, both seasons were over...and I hadn't snapped a single one.

Luckily, I did buy the ridiculously expensive pictures from the photographer, so at least we have those...



Both Connor & Aiden had good seasons.  Their coaches were fun & they both learned a lot.  Connor is at the age where the kids actually play positions.  He spent most his time as defense & midfielder, but also played goalie a little too.  Aiden's team just followed the ball around like a herd of wild animals.  It was a fun season, but I'm glad it's over.  We always had two soccer games & two soccer practices a week.

And, if that wasn't enough, Coach Pitch was going on at the same time, so we had an additional practice & game each week for that as well.  And, yes, I didn't take any pictures of any baseball games either.  What is wrong with me?  I must be getting old & tried or something.  Once again, thank goodness for the pricey pics...


Coach Pitch was a lot of fun & Aiden really enjoyed it.  He played just about every position throughout the season & was a great hitter as well.

So, there's your quick (picture-free) recap of both soccer & baseball seasons.  Now we have a break for about a month before fall soccer starts up.  Mike decided to volunteer to be a coach for it.  I'm sure that will be interesting since he just had surgery on his shoulder a few weeks ago and will still be in a sling for the beginning of the season.  Good times!  More on his surgery next time I get a few minutes to sit down & write.  --Lindsay

2 comments:

Brittany said...

With three boys...you probably never have a "down sports season", right!?! You're always on the go, go, go.

We just purchased some "over-priced" dance recital pictures. So your comment on that made me smile.

Amanda said...

I think my definition of "good mom" changes. I used to think it meant being at every son's event, involved at every son's event, documenting each part of every event in pictures and written word.

Now, I feel like if I register everyone for their class, lessons, event, or sport on time, and get them to practice or lessons etc., on time, and make sure either Cameron or I am there to support them, we're doing pretty good. The pictures usually happen, but not as many I used to take, and lately, blogging isn't happening. I usually resort to Instagram or FB, these days, for any sort of documentation.

Sometimes I don't take pictures just so I can feel more "present" and not have to worry about anything other than just enjoying the moment.