Cousin Day
A few weeks ago, my sister & her kids came down for the day. Our original plan was to go to the splash pad, but it ended up being a fairly cool day with highs only in the 60s, so we decided it might be a little too cold for getting drenched. Instead, we decided to take the kids to the Thanksgiving Point Farm. They had a great time seeing all the animals--and even feeding them too...
Sorry for the poor picture quality. One of the boys decided to step right in front of the camera right as Viv was feeding this little goat. I could not believe Vivvie was brave enough to do it! But, in true Vivienne-fashion, if her brothers can do it--then she can do it too. She just laughed and laughed as the goat licked the food off her hand. It was so stinkin' cute!
I think these llamas thought we had more food or something because they wouldn't leave us alone! Sorry little llamas, we gave all our food to the cute goats...
Then it was on to the cows. I love this picture of all the kids leaning over the rails--well, except Cohen & Viv. Rebels...
Mooooooooooooooo...
After that, we headed indoors to play in the exhibit that teaches the kids how their food goes from the farm to the grocery store. The boys loved transporting the food from the farm to the grocery store & then sorting all the fruits & veggies out. The girlies enjoyed the tractors. Real girls love horsepower...
Apparently, the boys didn't transport the food good enough or something because they ended up in jail...
They look a little excited to be in there. Should I be worried? On a side note, Connor figured out how to "dig for gold" while behind bars--if you get my drift...
Then we finished our trip with some pony rides. We got split up so half the kids went on one turn & then the other kids hopped on after. Because I was walking beside Vivvie during her turn, I didn't get pictures of the kids that went that go around (Viv, Cohen, Tyler & Aiden), but I did get pictures of the kids who went second. Here's Connor enjoying the ride...
And Gavin...
And sweet Ella...
Viv was so cute while she was riding her horse. I thought for sure she would freak out the second I set her on the saddle, so--while we were standing in line--I told her that she was going to get to ride a horse just like Belle. See, Vivienne is obsessed (OBSESSED!!!) with "Beauty & the Beast" right now. If I ever want her to do something, I just work Belle into the equation somehow & suddenly, she thinks it's a swell idea. For example, when doing her hair, I tell her that I'll make it look just like Belle's hair. Voila! She sits as still as can be. Another example--when Viv won't eat, I tell her that whatever we're eating is one of Belle's favorite foods. Suddenly, it's hers as well! See how my little trick works? So, as we were standing in line, I told her that she was going to ride a horse just like Belle's horse. Then, when it was our turn, she happily jumped right on that horse's back! The entire ride she kept saying, "Mom! I Belle! I Belle!" Yes, Vivvie, you're just like Belle! I love her!!!
After that, it was time for Sosha & her kiddos to head home. It was so fun to have them come visit for the day. We've decided that we need to do it at least once or twice more before the summer is over. The kiddos & I will head up there in a couple weeks & then maybe Sosha & her kids will make another trip down here again in August. After all, we never got a chance to go to the splash pad, so we still need to do that. --Lindsay
















1 comment:
The whole "Belle" idea is GENIUS!! Absolute genius. Cute girl; that's fun that she loves Beauty and the Beast.
Post a Comment