Monday, July 22, 2013

4th of July 2013

We had a fun & laid back 4th of July this year!  We started out the day by meeting up with Nana & Poppy and going to breakfast at McDonalds (a tradition that goes back to when I was a little girl) and then headed over to the Grand Parade in Provo.  We actually got a pretty decent seat this year!  The skies were overcast & looking quite grey, and I think that scared a few people off.  Here we are watching the parade...


Toward the end of the parade, my mom & I walked around the bizarre for a few minutes.  I found a really cute skirt, but--other than that--there wasn't much.  After the parade ended, we headed back to my parents' house to hang out for awhile.  My mom & I went shopping for a few minutes--to find something for me to wear with my new cute skirt--and then we brought Jimmy John sandwiches back to the men & kiddos.

Later that afternoon, we all headed back out to our house & went to our neighborhood 4th of July party.  Tata, Dan & Landon even joined up with us & came to have some fun! There were cute little carnival games for the kids...



There was also a dunk tank where you could choose if you wanted to be the dunker or the dunkee.  Cohen chose to be a dunker & was quite a good shot...


Connor & Aiden chose to be dunkees.  Here's Connor sitting on the platform...


There he goes...


Just a little soaked...


I didn't get a picture of Aiden sitting on the platform because he went in so quickly.  I tried to get a picture of him falling in, but missed & only got a shot when he was under the water...


And here he is getting out...


Yep, he was a little soaked as well...


There were also bounce houses & waterslides, which Cohen loved...



Then it was time to eat some dinner.  The HOA had a Hawaiian barbecue place cater the party.  It was so yummy!  Ahhh, brotherly love--or something like that...


Vivvie enjoying her Cheetos...


Photo bomb by Cohen...


Here's Baby Landon in his 4th of July outfit!  Not a great picture with a hand in front of his face, but it was the best I got...


Viv (doing a crazy smile) with her Poppy...


After eating, we went back to our house to hang out around the firepit & make s'mores, but I failed to get any pictures.

When it started to get late, all our visitors headed home for the night.  We can't do fireworks where we live because it's considered a "Urban/Wildlife Interface," so our little family just watched the Thanksgiving Point fireworks show from a lookout point right by our neighborhood with a bunch of our neighbors.  Perfect view, right?


So, that was our 4th of July in a nutshell.  It was such a fun day--laid back, relaxing & tons of fun!  I love this country, and all the freedoms I enjoy by being a citizen of it!  God bless the USA!!  --Lindsay

No comments: