Jr. Jazz
Well, I'm a failure. I haven't updated the blog in weeks! I just can't seem to keep up with everything lately!
Between work, church callings, helping with homework, trying to keep a house clean, attempting to keep up with the copious amounts of laundry this family produces, running kids to their various activities and sleeping a few hours every once in awhile--I just can't keep up! So, the blog has taken a back seat in recent days. So, let's rewind back to November & December for a minute & talk about Jr. Jazz.
Our city has so many kids that play Jr. Jazz that they had to split it up into two different sessions this year. Kindergarten through 2nd Grade played in November & December, and the older grades are playing right now. Aiden was the only kid that wanted to play this year, and that was just fine by me.
Aiden had a great coach & team this year! We only knew a couple of kids on the team, but we had a blast anyway. Here's Aiden's official pictures for the season...
Other than that, I don't have any pictures of him actually playing this year. Slacker mom, I know! But, Mike & I were too busy chasing after a very independent diva & her runaway four-year-old brother to ever take pictures. I kept thinking, "Next game I'll take some." And, before I knew it, the season was over! Aiden had a great season though! He really tried his hardest and usually made at least one basket a game. But, he was the king of rebounds! This kid got at least 10 rebounds a game! And, if another kid & he both got the rebound at the same time, he would fight until he got the ball--probably a little rougher than needed at times, considering this was 1st Grade Basketball. Can you say "foul?" His weak point was forgetting to dribble down the court. He'd take 5 or 6 steps in between dribbles. Mike & I were constantly yelling, "Dribble Aiden! Dribble!" all game long. It became the joke of the season. All the other parents got a kick out of it!
Despite the lack of action shots, we did manage to get a couple blurry pictures of Aiden receiving his participation award & trophy from his coach at the end of the season...
Our little rebounder (and elbow thrower)...
It was a fun season! We are currently in the middle of a sports lull right now, which has been nice (and badly needed). Next sport the boys are playing is spring soccer in a few months. Ahhh, spring--just the word brings a smile to my chapped face! I'm so sick of winter already! --Lindsay
.jpg)








4 comments:
I'm sick of winter too. Basketball is kind of funny at this age. Most of the kids travel or double dribble all over the place, but you gotta start somewhere right? Glad he had fun.
I bet it's so entertaining to watch! It is great they get so into it. Cute Stuff!!
Oh, and you are most definitely NOT a failure, simply for not being up to date on the blog. It's so hard to keep up with everything! You got this. You're Fantastic!!!!
Post a Comment