December Dates
Well, for the first time in my life, I have officially kept a New Years Resolution for an entire year...without screwing up! Yep, sadly, I'm pretty sure it is really the first time. As I'm sure you all know by now, Mike & I made a New Years Resolution last January to spend more one-on-one time with our kids (mainly the boys since Viv is still so little) by taking them out on "dates" once a month. And, we actually did it...every single month! So, since I've done a recap every other month, here's what we did for our December dates...
Connor went out with me this month. And, like usual, just wanted to go to the fun center to do a little rock climbing. This kid loves doing this...
After climbing 5 or 6 walls, we did a little glow-in-the-dark miniature golf & took a bunch of random pictures...
It was a fun night. Connor & I had a great time!
Aiden went out with Mike this month. They decided to go to Scheels. Yep, Scheels. But, it looks like they had a blast. Aiden took a ride in this jeep thing...
And they came across some smelly skunks...
And took a dive in the lake (coat & all)...
And then finished with a ride on the ferris wheel...
Boy paradise, right there! Good times were had by all!
Cohen & I went out together this month. And, yep, we went to the fun center again. Why do they always want to go with me there? We went miniature golfing...
And then he played on the playset for awhile...
My super cute date...
Then we finished our date with a few rides on the lovely Frog Hopper...
So, there you go! Twelve months of one-on-one dates with our boys. We did it! And, we're going to continue to do it in 2013 as well. But, we're going to try to get our boys to expand their horizons a little bit & get away from the fun center from time-to-time.
We have loved this new years resolution. It's awesome to see how each of their little personalities comes out & shines when they are all by themselves, as opposed to being part of a group of four kids. I think it has made our relationships with each of our kids grow stronger. Definitely one of the best resolutions ever...and one that I actually kept. If you're looking for a good (and fun) resolution for 2013, I highly recommend it! --Lindsay


















2 comments:
I love that you have kept this tradition going! It's hard enough for me just to get a date with my hubby!!
Nice Work! It's the perfect resolution!! 12 months of awesome memories and bonding time.
Post a Comment