My Little Bobcat
Connor got his first scouting award/badge/whatever-you-call-it this week (I'm still learning the whole scouting thing, if you couldn't tell)! He earned his Bobcat! This is the first badge that a cub scout can earn. He also received a bead for completing three achievements toward his Wolf Badge. Here he is at this week's pack meeting getting all his loot from one of the scoutmasters...
One of the things he received was a Bobcat pin. I thought it was for his uniform. Why do they need a badge AND a pin, I thought. But then, one of the more experienced moms informed me that the pin was for ME. I felt that was actually pretty appropriate...since we all know that moms basically push the boys along & earn the awards right along with their sons. Then it hit me that I will have to earn not one, not two, but THREE eagles over the next 14 years or so. Tons of fun for me, eh? I know you're all super jealous!






4 comments:
Awesome Connor! Yes, Lindsay you will get TONS of pins for yourself too! My SIL has 2 boys, both earned their Eagles, and she's got pins all over the place. But you will earn every one so be proud of them. I've seen moms with their own Cub Scout/Scout sash. They put the pins on and wear them whenever they get awarded a new pin. Looks pretty cool!
Don't they look so adorable in their cute cub scout uniform!? I love to see Tait in his. I'm surprised they didn't have you go up with him and have him pin the Bobcat pin on your shirt. That's what Tait had to do to me and I remember that's what my brother used to do. Anyway, I hear ya on the 3 Eagles. I've got at least 4 in my future! Tait did his Pinewood Derby last weekend and I realized we were in for at least 11 more! Yikes!
Congrats to Connor on his achievement!
Congrats to the Con-Man! One badge down, 62 more to go til Eagle.
Yes, I purchased the sash. I have 19 pins so far and should be getting my first Eagle in a few weeks. Yeah!!! It's a lot of work but so worth it. I love scouting (I'm weird, I know). My advice is to learn the program now with your first and the rest will be tons easier. Tell Connor Congratulations!!
Chantele
Post a Comment