Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! Time again for "out with the old & in with the new." We rang in the new year with several different activities. Here's a look:
On New Years Eve morning, Connor scout group (actually, 1/4th of Connor's scout group, since the others were out of town) visited the local Fire Station to learn about fire safety & to get a tour of the station...
Sorry the pics are so blurry. I forgot my normal camera so I had to use my backup (it's a new camera that my station gave all their employees for Christmas). It's really little & cute, but, apparently, you have to hold it REALLY still or it blurs anything & everything...
The kids had a blast & learned a lot (so did the parents). I was reminded that I need to buy fire ladders for each bedroom on the second floor & that we need to make a family fire plan. Goodie...homework! :)
After we were done at the fire station, I had a hair appointment. No better way to bring in the new year than with a fresh cut & color, that's what I always say. So, Mike, Dan & Kristin took the boys sledding on one of the hills in our neighborhood...
The kids had fun, but it was a little too cold for their liking...as in 6 degrees cold...so they didn't stay out long. The "big kids" had fun too, it appears...
And, when the hill got a little boring, they decided to side down the street, which is about a 10% grade & was basically an ice skating rink this day...
Later that night, we got together with my parents and Kristin & Dan and went out to dinner at Santa Monica Pizza & Pasta Co. Yummy...
Then it was back to our house for movies, games & more food! We started out the evening by watching "Despicable Me." Cute, cute, cute show! I think we all really enjoyed it, especially Cohen (as you can see by this picture)...
After the movie, we made some yummy party foods (apricot bree, mozzerella sticks, jalepeno poppers, etc.) and the adults played a game called "Word on the Street." It was a fun game, but I stunk at it big time! We played guys v. girls and I think Kristin & my mom just considered me dead weight. Haha!
At midnight, we rung in 2011 with a little "Mormon bubbly" (a.k.a. sparkling apple cider) in our fancy plastic cups. We actually got a couple different varieties this year & the grape-apple cider was my favorite...






6 comments:
I'm not sure if I'm asleep or dead...luckily Cohen was wide awake for the movie.
I love the hair! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with trying to be fire ready. I think the moms learned more than the boys..and all they liked were the toys on the trucks!!
Sounds fun!! That pizza looks so good!! The pizza here is tiny and gross!! :) Cute hair!!
Fun! we just did next to nothing for new years. But it was ok. We basically partied for 10 days straight so it was nice.
I'm glad to hear despicable me is good. I want to rent it real soon.
Hopefully Cohey isn't scarred for life from sledding with Dan down the side of a rocky, bumpy mountain with hardly any snow at first! It was a fun day... Thanks for having us all over that night!
so fun! I LOVE how your family does TONS together..that is so awesome! And I got my hair done too! I found an AWESOME salon just down the street from you...its called Salon Enizio...AMAZING and I love it! And it looks like you had an amazing year in 2010, congrats!!
Post a Comment