I'm Losing My Marbles...Literally
You've heard the saying "I've lost my marbles", right? Well, Connor's Marbleworks Set lost a marble last night. See, Aiden swallowed one of them. Yep, that's right...he swallowed a MARBLE! It went straight down the tube! And, before you ask...no, it is not the marble that is in this picture. I'm sure it's either still taking a fun ride through Aiden's large intestine or has already made it's grand departure into the sewer system by this point. And, there is no way in you-know-where that I am going to go through his you-know-what to find it for a blog picture! I love my blog...and would do pretty much anything for a great picture to post on it...but as Meatloaf once famously said, "I won't do that...no I won't do that!"
Why in the world would my child think it was a good idea to stick a marble in his mouth & swallow? Am I not feeding him enough or something? What do you do when your 3-year-old decides that instead of playing with his toys, he is going to start consuming them? I had no clue what to do? I figured it would probably be okay & just pass through. But, working in the news business, I've heard horror stories about children swallow
ing random things & never waking up in the morning (mainly magnets...never let your child play with magnets EVER!) So, I decided that Aiden's new choice of cuisine warranted a call to the good ol' pediatricians office. Yeah, I pretty much felt like Mother-Of-The-Year at this point! The nurse just laughed about it & told us just to watch him carefully for the next few days to make sure we don't see anything unusual. What does that mean? This is AIDEN we are talking about here! Unusual things happen with him EVERYDAY! I swear to you that if he makes it to his 10th birthday, it will TRULY be a miracle! I swear the kid is going to be the death of me...just you wait and see!
So, yes, Connor's Marbleworks Set has officially lost one of it's marbles...and I think I've lost one of mine too! Heaven help me! --Lindsay






7 comments:
Only Aiden!!
That's a cool picture of him and the marble! Good job stuage!
I would be even more impressed if Aiden was holding "the" marble. I'm sure Mike will be willing to find it tomorrow morning. Love Poppy
Paige ran into my room about a year ago in total distress because she just swallowed some pennies. When I asked her how many she said 6! I was freaking out! She was laying down and accidentally swallowed. I told her we were going to watch for them to come out. She suddenly became very sneaky about when she was going to the potty. We're pretty sure they came out. ;-)
Note to Self: Do NOT incorporate marbles into sunbeam lessons unless I want them to become the snack.
This reminds me of the girl who swallowed her engagement ring earlier this year.
Ha ha! Greg's parents just gave him a bunch of marbles from when he was a kid, and I've been having to watch Ty like a hawk. I could totally see him doing that too!
Nice! Did you ask him if he liked it? :)
I LOVE these kind of stories! That is awesome! We have had problems with things being shoved up noses!!
Post a Comment