Thursday, April 23, 2009

Got Glitter Toes?


Glitter toes are all the pedicure rage for summer '09...and as you can see, I am ready! Aren't they cute??? Basically, a layer of gel is applied to the nail, then a layer of glitter, and then two more layers of gel on top. They are supposed to last for about 6 weeks too, if you take care of them right! How awesome is that?


For Girls Night this month, my friend Alysa hosted a glitter toes party at her house. The gal who came to do it for us is my friend Marion's sister, Victoria. (Marion even made an appearance too, which was awesome, since we don't get to see her much since she moved away!) There was a huge variety of colors to choose from (probably about 100)...the girls that were there did everything from pink, to red, to purple, to green, to brown, etc. We had such a fun night being pampered & pigging out on a bunch of yummy treats! Trish even decided to have her little girls' toes glittered too...they were so stinkin' cute! (I was so jealous! In fact, I seriously considered having Mike bring Aiden over so I could have his toes done too! Maybe we could have called it "Gladiator Toes" or something to make it sound manly enough for him!) After everyone's pedicures were done, people started slowly leaving...but Trish, Alicia, Alysa & I stayed and talked until 12:30 am!!!!!!! Haha! All the husbands kept calling to "make sure we were still alive", but we know that they just secretly missed us! :)


It was such a blast! Thanks for hosting Alysa! It was an awesome night! And now, we are all ready for summer!!! Bring on the sunshine & sandals!!! --Lindsay

9 comments:

Carolina girl said...

So super cute! I love it! Especially that they last so long! Awesome!

LeAnn said...

I need those, any pampering that lasts six weeks is my kind of thing.
So cute.

Melanie said...

Way cute! It was fun, and I am set for 6 weeks. Sorry I left early, I wasn't feeling very good, and ended up staying home yesterday!

Be A Saint said...

I LOVE those toes, but still don't really understand how to do it. Is it a kit? A little more detail!!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

For Devyn...it's literally a gel, not a polish. It's thick & clear...kind of looks like hair gel.

For Andrea...at our party, there was a girl who came and did our pedicures for us. I'm not sure if there is a kit or not. I've only seen them done at salons up to this point.

Poppy said...

Leave poor Aiden's toes alone! Now Mike, being a metro, is a different story. Go for it, Mike! Love Poppy

Jackie said...

I am so jealous! Now I need some glitter!! That is a fun idea for a get together though!

TheShippenFamily said...

OOH, Can you give me her #. I think I want to host one!!

Emily said...

Lovin' the glitter toes!