A Fun Gift for a Recession Year
Okay, so this year has obviously not been a great one for the economy...unemployment is way up, companies are going out of business left & right, and my 401K should probably now be considered a 101K by this point. So, Mike & I decided to use the economic downturn as the basis for our friends & neighbors' gifts this year. I went into my kitchen, pulled out my kitchenaid, & actually made something (that didn't come out of a box AND didn't require the microwave). Don't laugh...this is actually quite the accomplishment for me! Mike was so shocked that he took a picture of the momentous occasion. It's not exactly an attractive picture of me...but it's probably one of the only pictures of me EVER making something with actual ingredients, so I had to stick it in...As you can see, I made cookie dough! Yes, quite the feat...sometimes I amaze myself with all my amazing talents! ;) So, you're probably thinking I made everyone cookies, right? Actually, no...this is the point where my "domestic diva" moment came to an end. I took the cookie dough, froze it a little bit & then stuck it in bags with this little note on the front...






11 comments:
Those are adorable!! Way cute idea. I totally slacked on neighbor gifts this year, and bought everyone soap!
BTW I hate wrapping gifts too. I always wait until Christmas Eve because I despise it so bad!!
That's halarious (the back-up quote). And you are one brilliant woman (you know, you know...), what a great gift! I just... might... have... to... do that too!
That is such a cute idea! How fun!
Such a cute idea! And I like the brother-in-laws suggestion too! Too funny!
That is hilarious! I am with you on both of your quotes, but especially the back up quote! I mean really, I know I don't even have a free hand, let alone a free minute to make cookies!!
Very cute idea!
I want the dough! Mail it to me. :)
miss you
such a cute idea...I also love that you look super cute when you are cooking... If there would have been a picture of me cooking for the neighbors.. you would have seen XL sweatshirt with PJ pants... and nasty pony.
You are the most creative person EVER! They're never going to release you from enrichment leader if you keep posting stuff like this :)! I won't steal your idea this year, but maybe next year . . and you don't even have to take the time to bake them! . . awesome.
Lindsay, you'll turn into your mom yet! Love Poppy
I love the brother in law quote. You'll have to use that next year :)
Post a Comment