Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My Fun-Filled Weekend!

This past weekend was a busy one! It began with a girls' mini-getaway with my mom & sisters. A few months ago, my mom got the four of us tickets to go see "Mamma Mia" at the Capitol Theatre. Since our tickets were for a Friday night and I had to work the next morning in downtown, my mom decided that we should make it into a girls weekend and stay overnight. So, she got us a hotel room at the Marriott on Gallivan Plaza, so I could walk to work the next morning & then we could shop all day. Sounded like a GREAT idea to all of us! We met at around 5:30 & headed over to Biaggi's for dinner. I had the Butternut Squash Ravioli & I absolutely recommend it!

After dinner, we made our way over to the Capitol Theatre for the show! It was so much fun! For those of you that don't know,
"Mamma Mia" is the musical that takes all it's music from ABBA songs. I hadn't ever seen it before, and I've only heard excellent things about it, so I was really excited to see it! My expectations were pretty high, but even they were blown away by how GREAT it was! It was hilarious! Let me tell you a little about it (without giving too much away). It's the story about a girl named Sophie who is getting married. She's been raised by her mom her whole life & has no clue who her father is. Well, with her impending nuptials coming up, she decides to try to figure it out. She finds her mom's diary & reads about 3 possible men that could be her father, so she sends them all invitations to the wedding. The story line that plays out when they all arrive is HILARIOUS! In fact, I laughed so hard that my abs hurt afterward! This was the first comedy I've seen at the theatre! In the past, I've only seen dramas like "Phantom" & "Les Miserables". As much as I love those kind of shows, I absolutely FELL IN LOVE with this one! It was my kind of show! As you can see, we were a little silly afterwards! What can you expect from childless women?

After the show, we went back to our hotel room and...pure chaos broke out! We could not stop laughing about anything! Have you ever had one of those nights where EVERYTHING was hilarious to those of you that were there, but if you try to explain it to someone who wasn't there, they just don't get it? Well, that's definitely the case here! I'm not even going to attempt to tell you what happened that night (or explain the above photo) because none of you will get it! But, we do have a lot of GREAT inside jokes from it!

The next morning (which was only about 3 hours after we went to bed), I woke up and went to work. Afterwards, I came back to the hotel & waited for the slow-pokes to get their butts out of bed. About two hours later (Kristin), we went to breakfast. Kristin and I decided to have a sugar packet contest (where you see who can dump an entire packet in their mouth without gagging). I am proud to say I totally kicked her butt! After breakfast, we made our way over to Gateway for a day of shopping. Unfortunately, I only found stuff to Mike. There's no fun in that!

At about 2:00, I had to leave the girls. Now, I know you're asking yourself, "What could pull you away from a day full of shopping"? I had to leave because of my...10-year high school reunion (duh duh duh...that's supposed to be the sound effect that you hear in all the horror movies). I can't believe it's been 10-years since I graduated from high school, and when I saw all my old friends & classmates, it made it even harder to believe! It really was like old times with many of them...just with a few more love handles & a little less hair! Mike even made several friends there too! It was SUCH a good time...and I can't wait to see everyone at the 20-year!

So, that was my exciting weekend! As you can probably guess, I was EXHAUSTED by the time it was over! --Lindsay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the end of the story...before going to the reunion, Mike and I dropped off Connor and Aiden at Poppy's and they "persuaded" Nana to buy Connor a Star Wars Transformer and Aiden a Lightning McQueen and a Sally from "Cars." That kept them fully occupied while Nana and Poppy took them to a boring Rita Coolidge concert. Honestly that woman must have burnt out a few brain cells during the 60s. She talked so slow that introducing each song took longer than the song itself! But Connor and Aiden had fun with their new toys.

Anonymous said...

one other thing that you forgot.. The highlight of the weekend: you got to spend a whole weekend with me! Woohoo!!!! What more could you ask for?????