Fun with Gavin & Ty
My sister, Ashlee, and her husband, Greg, are on an Alaskan cruise this week with Greg's family (no fair--I know), so my parents have been babysitting their two kids, Gavin & Tyler. My kids LOVE their cousins--in fact, they are the only ones they've got--so we have seen them almost everyday this week. On Sunday evening, we took a picnic up to Bridal Veil Falls and let the kids play around in the water a little bit. The above picture is the before.
This picture is the after. Poor Aiden! Apparently, he was pushed/slipped off the rock, and he face planted right into the water. We were pretty lucky though, he came within inches of hitting his head on some really sharp rocks. All was well a few minutes later when he was all dried off. It was a fun evening, and the kids had a blast!
Yesterday, we took the kids to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point. The kids LOVED it! They had so much fun feeding and petting the animals. Aiden--remember, he's the animal lover in our family--almost lost several fingers, because he would feed the animals and then leave his hand in the cage or pen. The animals would think that his hand was more food & they would go for it. My mom & I had to be quick to pull his hand out several times, but we escaped unscathed. When we had seen all the animals, the kids got to take a pony ride. Aiden almost fell off the saddle several times
, making it an exciting ride, to say the least. Connor enjoyed the ride, but thought the horses walked too slow (remember, he's the dare devil in our family). He thought the best part of the ride was at the end, when his horse decided to "relieve" himself for about 30 seconds. (Note the above picture). I really, truly have never seen so much pee in my life...and I live with 3 boys! It was impressive, to say the least. The kids had a great time, and they were pretty good most the time too, but we decided to throw them in jail anyway (see below):
If only they were this happy when they were put in time-out!






3 comments:
Hey the cell phone pictures turned out pretty good...we're all glad that Aiden didn't make an unscheduled trip to the emergency room! Love Poppy
ummm, i wasn't there for any of this?! so i don't think you actually had fun... sorry to break the news to ya! and i'm quite jealous... even i have never gotten to ride a horse/pony, and my 4 and 2 year old nephews have?! i'm so deprived. its all because you locked me in my room and forced me to eat ramen all the time when i was growing up.
I would have to agree with Kristin about the locking me in my room and shoving ramen down my throat. Seriously, what kind of a sister are you? ;) (I actually found that journal today, so I need to find the official entry about you forcing me to eat ramen. It will probably cause hysteria when we all read it together!) Anyway, cute pictures! Thanks again so much for all your help. We appreciate it more than you know! And hey, at least I live closer than I did a year ago! We just need to make an effort to get the boys together more. See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment