Our Trip to Hawaii: Day 5
On our 5th day, it was time to say goodbye to Oahu and island hop to Maui. Our plane was so little, and it was a prop plane. First time on a prop plane for all these kiddos...
Our flight was almost empty, so we each got our own row. In fact, they required us to sit this way, so that the weight was evenly distributed. Haha...
Our last view of Oahu. Hopefully, it's not our last. Got to make it back again someday. There's still so much to do there that we didn't have a chance to do...
And our first view of Maui...
Once we landed, we got our rental cars and headed for Lahaina. We couldn't check into our hotel yet, so we went to some fun little shops that were right along the beach, and ate lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Our table was right by the water. In fact, the waves would crash right up against the building and even splashed us a little from time-to-time. I could get used to eating right next to the water everyday...
After lunch, we continued to explore Lahaina. It is such a beautiful little town...
Then we checked into our hotel, The Grand Lahaina Resort. It's located just north of Lahaina in the Ka'anapali Beach area of Maui. Check out the view from our balcony...
Not bad...not bad at all...
We unloaded all our stuff, and ran down to check out the private beach. It was such a beautiful beach...
I couldn't stop taking pictures! I couldn't believe I was actually in Maui. MAUI!!! A place I've dreamt of visiting for many, many years! And, I didn't want to forget any of it. I wanted to capture every second. It was so amazing...
How can I live here permanently? That is the question...
That evening, the kids swam in the hotel pool and hot tub, and we enjoyed another beautiful Hawaiian sunset...
Then we had a late dinner poolside with live Hawaiian music and hula dancing at the hotel restaurant. It was really yummy...
Then it was off to bed, so we had lots of energy to tackle the "Road to Hana" the next day. --Lindsay






No comments:
Post a Comment