Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Great Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday, and it ended up being such a fun day! The festivities started out with a birthday lunch with some of my favorite girls...


My good friend, Emily, set up this lunch get-together with some of the gals from my neighborhood.  I seriously love all these girls so much!  We are great friends & always have a good time when we get together.  We went to Corner Bakery, which is one of my new favorite places to eat, & we chatted for about an hour & a half before we finally had to leave because it was almost time for our big kids to get home from school.  All our little kids were--obviously--with us.  I actually lucked out & only had Viv with me.  One of my other friends offered to watch Cohen while we went out to lunch.  Her baby was being grumpy & she really didn't feel like wrestling him while at lunch, so she offered to let Cohen come over & eat lunch with her four-year-old boy while the rest of us went to lunch.  Thank you Kari!  You are too sweet!

That evening, it was time for more festivities.  Mike had surprised me a few days earlier with tickets to go see "Thriller."  For those of you that don't know, "Thriller" is a production put on by Odyssey Dance Theatre.  They put together a show that consists of a bunch of Halloween-themed dances/acts and they perform it throughout the month of October.  It has become so popular that they have productions all over the state of Utah now.  They have one company that performs in Salt Lake all month long & then they have a traveling company that does shows in Logan, Provo, Park City, Ogden & St. George throughout the month.

We've had them on my show several times over the years, but I've never seen the entire production.  So, when Mike told me we were going, I was really excited!  To make it even more fun, when Odyssey was at my station this past weekend, they offered me another pair of tickets for the same night--so we invited my parents to come along with us.  Unfortunately, my Dad got a migraine yesterday & didn't feel up to going, so we invited Ashlee to use his ticket instead.  So, it ended up kind of being a Girls Night (+ Mike) Out.  We started with dinner at Blue Iguana.  I love that place...


Then headed over to Kingsbury Hall for the show...

 
 We were super excited...
 

The show was great!  I laughed my guts out throughout the entire thing.  The dances were hilarious & so entertaining.  We had a great time!!  Oh, and even though I came with Mike, I ended up leaving with this hot dude...


Isn't he creepy?!?  They always have zombies roaming the lobby & theatre--before the show, during intermission & afterwards--so that you can take pictures with them.  Some of them--like my new-found date--were pretty freaky looking.  The eyes alone were pretty creepy!

After that, we came home & turned on the DVR to watch the Presidential Debate until 1:00 in the morning.  Romantic, I know...but for a political junkie like me, it was the perfect ending to a great day!

A huge "thank you" to my awesome friends, family and--of course--Mike for making my birthday so awesome.  Mike's birthday is just a few weeks away & now I'm feeling some mega-pressure to do something awesome for him, just like he did for me.  So, if you have any great ideas, pass them my direction, please!  Thank you again to everyone for making my birthday so awesome!  --Lindsay

3 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

It wasn't a girl's + mike night out. it was just a girl's night out, cause let's be honest, Mik is one of the girls. :)

Glad you had a fun birthday!!

Lynz said...

I'm glad you had such a fun birthday!! xo!

Poppy said...

I was happy Sosha could take my place!