Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear Vivvie #9

Dear Vivvie,

You are now 9-months-old. Okay, you're 9 1/2-months-old, but who's counting. I think you get cuter by the day...


We went to the doctor for your nine-month checkup a few weeks back. Here are your stats:

Length: 16.6 inches (19th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs. 14 oz. (6th percentile)
Head Circumference: 42.8 cm (20th percentile)

You are growing good, except you're apparently still a very skinny baby. This is funny to me because you are my first baby to have some rolls on you, so I was thinking you were a chunky baby. But, I guess compared to other kiddos, you are still a skinny minny...


Your getting faster at crawling everyday. You still prefer to scoot on your belly, but you will crawl on your hands & knees from time to time too. And, from the looks of this next picture, I won't have to worry about your self esteem. You seem to love yourself plenty...


I think it's also obvious from the pictures that you have started to pull up on things. You just haven't figured out that once you do pull up, you can walk. You pull yourself up on something & then just stand there. If there is a toy 2 feet away from you that you want, you won't even attempt to walk to it. You'll just hoot & holler until someone gets it for you. Silly girl...


I've been surprised how good you've been about not bothering the Christmas tree or presents. I really thought we may need to leave the bottom couple of feet undecorated, but you have left everything alone for the most part. Every once in awhile, you'll go over to the tree & lightly bat at an ornament of two, but that's it. Hope it stays that way...


You're getting good at feeding yourself little snacks. This has made dinnertime much more enjoyable. We just put you in your highchair with a few Gerber snacks & then the rest of us can eat in peace. I think you like it because it makes you feel like you're just as big as the rest of us...


I think it's pretty obvious from the pictures that you love to look in the mirror! We have a mirror sitting on the ground in our office, just waiting to be put on the wall over a beautiful dining room buffet table someday in the future. It is one of your favorite places to wonder off to. If I ever can't find you, I check the office first. Most the time I will find you there playing with your "friend in the mirror..."


You are also a great shopping buddy. You can now sit up all by yourself in the shopping cart & you just love to look at everything around you. The only bad part about taking you is that it takes quite a bit longer to get through a shopping trip when you're with me because so many people want to stop & look at you. I constantly hear, "What a cute baby!" and "I can't believe how happy & smiley she is!" and "That is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen!" Everyone wants to talk & look at you for a minute. Not that I can blame them. You ARE pretty darn cute...


You have acquired many nicknames in your 9 (whoops, 9 1/2) months. Here are a few that I can think of off the the top of my head: Viv, Vivvie, V, Bubby, Bubbs, Bubba (sorry, I know that's a boy name), Girlie Girl, Girlie, Ga Ga Girlie or Ga Ga's (both ones Aiden came up with & calls you all the time...much to Connor's dismay who hates both names), Bibienne or Baby Bib (Cohen's names for you since he can't say his V's yet), and Muffkey (that one is your dad's nickname. Yes, it is weird.)


You are still such a good-natured baby! You are always smiling. You sleep well. You eat well. You play well. You put up with your brothers well. You are just "practically perfect in every way" as Mary Poppins would say...


We love you more & more each day! Thanks for being our little caboose & for putting up with this crazy family you were born into. We love, love, LOVE you! --Mom

4 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

And we love, love, LOVE her too! She was an angel baby the other night... As usual!

Poppy said...

I think her friend in the mirror is just as cute...and I vote for Baby Bib as the best nickname!

love birds and a few chicklets said...

She is so adorable! I can't believe how fast time has gone by and that she is already 9 1/2 months!! I think my girls are just as big as her... lol. We have such big babies! After the holidays we really need to go to lunch one day :)

Kristy said...

Oh my she's cute! E is obsessed with her reflection, too. And we have that same dress--and E swims in it, also! :)