Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Can Finally Have a Conversation with My Friends Again

Well, usually my life is pretty crazy and I'm lucky if I can find a few minutes to read now and then. But, this week, I haven't been feeling very good so I ended up with a lot of free time on my hands. I decided to put that free time to good use and finally read the remainder of the Twilight series, so that I can actually have a conversation with my friends again.

I actually started "New Moon" back in December, but had only read about half of it as of the beginning of this week...partly because I just don't have a whole lot of free time; partly because I didn't like it very much. Yes, I know...I am bringing the wrath of every "Twilight" lover upon myself by saying that, but it was just too depressing and slow for me. So, when I picked it up on Wednesday, I'll admit that I wasn't too excited to read it...but that all changed at about page 300 or so. I couldn't put it down for one second! I had finished New Moon by about dinnertime that night. The next morning, I started on "Eclipse" and loved EVERY SINGLE PAGE OF IT from start to finish! I think it is my favorite book of the three. By Thursday night, I had read the first 400 pages of it & I finished it around lunchtime on Friday.

So now, I can finally have a conversation with people in the outside world again...and, like everyone else, I can not wait for #4 to come out later this year! --Lindsay

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I totally agree with you..I didn't like New Moon much until the end, and I loved the last one! I am excited for the next one too.

The Swensons said...

It's about time! :) As for the weather, I just watched Sterling so there! And I would watch you if you were on at a decent hour! :)

Anonymous said...

I personally liked Number 5: "The New Duck Arrives With the New Moon." I hear it has a surprise ending. Love Poppy

Kelli Proctor said...

Yea lets do have a Mardi Gras party, one of my other friends said we should too next year! I get excited about enough, I should just do a party. My neighbor did one last year and it was a fun time! I heard you werent feeling well, i hope everything is ok, let us know!

Amanda said...

Sis. Arnett lent me her series. I agree with you about New Moon-- I've been reading it for 2 weeks now. It's so slow. It's like starting over.. like a whole new story instead of a continuation of the first book in a way. I'm struggling to get through it. I'm on page 200 and something. I have a feeling something's about to happen... hopefully a little more fast paced.

Summer said...

Why would anyone pass over Jacob? That is all I have to say.

Amanda said...

I only have a couple more chapters in New Moon right now. Right now I'm wondering why Jacob is still even a possibility. I'm still all for Edward. So judging from Summer's comment and a few other things I've heard, I'm guessing Jacob becomes more appealing in the third book??

Lindsay and Mike said...

I've never been much of a Jacob fan to tell you the truth. I mean he's a nice guy and all, but Edward is smokin' hot (and yet cold at the same time)!!! Nice v. hot??? Hummm...knowing my shallow mind...I know what I would pick! :)