Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Random Winter Moments

Here's some random moments from the cold winter months that didn't get their own posts.  My food storage is really starting to add up.  I've been slowly building it for the past several years, and this is how it looks now.  Most of it is freeze dried and good for up to 25 years...



Game night with the youngest kiddos...



Another morning without a view...


Connor can get his learners permit in October.  That's crazy scary...


Speaking of Connor, he towers over me by a couple inches now...


A shot of Aiden at his JA Biztown field trip.  He was assigned the job of CEO of RC Willey (a local furniture company)...


Broadcasting live from the International Auto Expo with Shauna Lake and Dan Rascon...


One of the girls that was in my Primary class in Louisiana got married in January.  Luckily for me, she got married in Utah, so I was able to go to her wedding reception.  It was a big Louisiana reunion.  Love all these people so much.  From left to right--Mike, me, Steve Baxter, Rita Baxter, Gayla Savage, David Zachary, and Andrea Zachary...


Katie Baxter (now Katie Montou) and Jennifer Duplantis (now Jennifer Zachary)...


The bride--Sara Beth Zachary...


Some other kids from my primary class.  I don't think the guy on the left was ever in my class.  He didn't remember me, and I didn't remember him, but the others all were.  Evan Pogue, Elaine Newton, and Mary-Catherine Zachary...


Gwen Pogue, Rita Baxter, and Gayla Savage...


Mike having fun with a sparkler after the bride and groom left...


A weekend selfie with Amy...


Vivvie was invited to a face painting party at a neighbors house...



A funny text between my mom and me...


Kristin came on my show one weekend in January to do a segment on "baby must haves"...


 My Christmas presents from Mike came in mid-January.  He originally ordered eight unfinished Adirondack chairs for us to use around our fire pit in the backyard.  His plan was to finish them over the winter, so they would be ready to go for the spring and summer.  Well, the chairs never came and never came.  We finally called about them, and were told that the chairs had been discontinued and they weren't sure why they were on their website to order in the first place.  To make it right, the employee offered to send us something comparable.  The only comparable chair he could find were Adirondack chairs that were already finished.  They were more than double the price of the ones Mike originally ordered, but the employee gave them to us for the price we had paid for the unfinished ones.  Winning!  Now, I'm just waiting for summer to arrive so we can use them...


Vivvie had to do a little activity for homework where she wrote words in salt.  After she was done, she decided she wanted to make her hand prints in it.  They were so cute, I had to take a picture before she shook them out...


We found these hilarious pictures of Viv and her friend, Ilaria, on Mike's iPad.  Haha...



Mike and Connor seeing "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"...


Cohen leading the flag ceremony at Pack Meeting...


Mike needs some sort of award for being able to do little girl hair.  Since I work Sunday mornings, he is in charge of getting all the kids ready for church--including Viv and her hair.  Mike went to YouTube for some help, and does tons of cute hairstyles now.  Seriously, he deserves an award...



Date night with Aiden.  First rock climbing...


Then laser tag, where I once again did a seven minute wall sit to crush the competition...


Another snowy day.  This winter has been so snowy and cold.  I'm pretty much done with it at this point...


Seeing "Sing" with the three younger kids...


Connor didn't come to that movie with us because he was living the high life in downtown SLC.  He got to go stay in a condo in American Towers for his friend Caden's birthday party.  Here they are in the hot tub on the roof.  Tough life...


Hangin' out in the weather center...


An all girl noon show...


Dr. Vivvie's Veterinary Clinic is open for business...


This was apparently burgundy and black day on 2News This Morning...


Would you say I have a plethora of children playing electronics in this room?


Game night with Grandpa (who visited us from Nashville for a few days), and Mike's cousin, Colton...


We took Grandpa to the Museum of Natural Curiosity while he was in town...





Connor wasn't being very cooperative while I was trying to take a picture of us on our date...


Viv with her best friend, Hazel, and Hazel's little siblings.  Vivvie is always asking for a younger sibling, so it's nice that she has a couple right next door that she can pretend are hers...


Another fun Vivvie hairstyle.  This is one of my specialties.  We call it the Elsa bun...


Celebrating National Weatherperson's Day at work...



This kid just registered for high school.  HIGH SCHOOL!  How is he headed to high school already?


Date night with a cute cub scout...




Another Vivvie hairstyle--the sock bun.  If you couldn't tell, she likes us to take pictures of what her hair looks like in the back so that she can see it--and approve or disapprove of it...


Nana and Poppy gave the kids ice cream gift cards for Valentines Day.  The kiddos had a blast building their own creations and putting as many toppings on as they wanted...


We saw the Lego Batman Movie with all the cousins, aunts & uncles, and Nana & Poppy.  It was hilarious!  We totally recommend it...


One night while I was at work, I was typing away on my keyboard when I saw something fall right in front of my face and land on the keyboard.  It was a spider.  Now, I know it was just a little spider, but it still totally freaked me out.  I wanted to scream, but couldn't because we were on the air.  So, I did the silent scream and jumped away from that keyboard as fast as I could...


Another movie night!  This time we went to see "Moana" again with Grandpa and Grammie who came to visit for a week.  We took Viv's friend, Ilaria, with us too...


Vivvie visited the endocrinologist at the end of February.  Her growth has definitely started to slow down to a more normal growth rate.  The doctor doesn't seem too concerned about it though...


We just told our kids last night that we are going to do a week long electronics detox in March.  I thought Aiden would be the one to freak out and be the most sad about it.  Instead, it was Vivvie that burst into tears.  Total shocker...


So, there are some random moments from the past couple of months.  I'm excited to get into spring and have the weather warm up enough to start doing some more outdoor things.  We're all so sick and tired of being cooped up inside.  Come on spring!  --Lindsay

No comments: