Saturday, March 14, 2015

Vivvie Turns Four!!

My baby girl turned four-years-old last month!  Yep, that's right, FOUR-YEARS-OLD!!  She wanted to have all her friends over for a "Frozen" birthday party, so that's what we did.  We started our with some lunch.  The menu consisted of pizza, Olaf noses (Carrots), ice blocks (blue jello jigglers), snowballs (powdered doughnut holes), and Frozen punch (Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid or Blue Raspberry Crystal Light).  I decorated the island with some teal and white balloons and some fancy 3-D Snowflakes that I found the directions to on Pintrest.  Love that site...


After lunch, we played lots of games, like Pin the Nose on Olaf...


Snowman Slam...



Snowball Toss...



And Freeze Dance...


Then we took a break from games to sing "Happy Birthday" to the Birthday Girl, and then eat cake and ice cream...



Once everyone was sufficiently hopped up on sugar, Viv opened her presents...







She was so excited about everything!  It was cute to hear her laugh and squeal as she opened each one.

We had a few minutes left after we opened presents, so we played a couple rounds of Cold Snowball (Hot Potato, but with a "snowball" instead)...


It was a fun and pretty easy little birthday party!  Vivienne loved every second of it, and I think her friends did too.  Aiden and Cohen may or may not have enjoyed themselves, but as you can tell from their smiles in the pictures, I'm leaning toward the former.  Connor was too cool for such things, and went to hang out with friends halfway through the party...something about not being able to handle so many wild little girls.

I can't believe my baby girl is now four-years-old!  I feel like her life is flying by way too quickly for my liking.  In fact, all my kids' lives are flying by too quickly.  How did I end up with a 12-, 9-, 6-, and 4-year-old already?!?  I wish I could freeze them at these ages for awhile.  These ages are just perfect in my book.  Everyone is fairly self-sufficient--which makes my life easier--but we haven't hit the teenage years quite yet.  Connor is pushing mighty close though.  I just seriously can't believe that we are to this point already.  I guess I'll just have to soak in every second I can while they are at these "perfect ages" because as hard as I try, time just won't stand still.  --Lindsay

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Such a cute party! For a beautiful girl. Oh how I wish you lived closer. Viv & Rylee would be BEST buds! I can't believe she's 4 already. Where does time go!?