Sunday, April 22, 2012

March Dates

Yes, I'm still alive. I've just taken a little bit of a blogging hiatus because life has been down right CRAZY around here.  My calendar has been packed this entire month.  I think I'm averaging 5 (maybe 6, if I'm lucky) hours of sleep each night.  So, obviously, I have a lot of blogging to catch up on from the past few weeks.  Our life was looking like it would slow down in May...but then I got Connor's baseball schedule.  Heaven help me!  Two games & two practices each week.  Can we go back to the T-ball days, please?  Sorry, that was a tangent.  My point in all that was that it was my plan to get the blog all caught up once life slowed down, but apparently, that won't be happening anytime soon.  So, I'll just try my best.  I realized that I still haven't posted about our March dates with our boys.  They were dates that we all want to actually remember this time, unlike February's disaster.  Ugghhh...

Mike took Connor out this month.  Connor wanted to play laser tag.  They had to wait half an hour before their session started, so they did some rock climbing in the meantime.  Connor is really good at all the rock walls at this fun center.  The one he's doing here is the 3rd hardest, and he apparently went up it with no problems...

Then it was on to Laser Tag.  Oh, and some self photos...
They had a great time with each other, and came home laughing about everything.

Aiden went out on a date with me this month.  When he picked bowling, my heart sank a little bit.  I was worried about Aiden doing something similar to what Connor had done the month earlier.  We made sure that we got to the bowling alley a little early, hoping that there would be some bumper alleys available...and there were!  Yay!  Somehow, Aiden still managed to get the ball in the gutter (right near the end of the lane where the rails end) a few times, but didn't fly off the handle like Connor.  I'm pretty sure, after seeing Connor's punishment last month, Aiden was scared to death to even voice his disappointment at getting a gutter ball.  He just kept saying, "Oh man...uh well, that's okay.  I'll just hope that I do better next time!  See Mom, I didn't freak out!"  Haha!  It was a much more pleasant experience for all involved...
Mike took Cohen out on his date.  When asked what he wanted to do, Cohen simply replied "froggy ride!"  And, by "Froggy Ride" he means this thing...
It was the ride he had gone on while he was on his date with me the previous month.  Mike said, "Okay, we can go on the froggy ride, but what else do you want to do?"  Cohen then responded with, "Nothing else...just the froggy ride!"  Sounded like Mike & Cohen were going to have a date that lasted all of 3 minutes.  But, once Cohen had done the froggy ride several times...and by several, I mean 6...Mike was able to talk him into doing some glow-in-the-dark miniature golfing.  And, you can't forget the self-portrait again.  Mike looks kind of serial killer-ish in this one, don't you think?  Haha...
Once they were done miniature golfing, Mike & Cohen discovered that some of the outdoor rides were open, so Cohen was able to ride a couple of those as well...
So there you go...our March dates.  All three of them were a huge success!!  Seriously, this is the best New Years Resolution ever.  I really think our relationships with our kids have grown so much stronger these last few months, just because of some one-on-one time with each of them.  It's so fun to see their little personalities shine when they are all by themselves, instead of just part of the pack of kids.  Love it!  --Lindsay

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

This is such a good idea. I really need to do this kind of stuff with my kids more.

Brittany said...

Marvelous Idea. I love it! I bet your littles just LOVE the individualized time with Mom and Dad.

And I laughed out-loud at the "serial killer-ish" comment...Baaahh. (Not laughing b/c I think it's true; just wasn't expecting that, and it made me chuckle.)

Poppy said...

I think Vivy is old enough to get into the rotation!