Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dear Vivvie #6

Dear Vivvie,

Yes, I'm late again. But, I'd hope that by this point, you've given up on the hope that I'll ever write this letter in time. It's been a crazy & fun month! You are getting so big & starting to do so many new things. And, your cute little personality is really starting to show.

We went to the doctor for your six-month checkup & shots the other day. You handled the shots so well! Maybe you're just getting used to having pain inflicted upon you after living with your brothers for over six months now. Here are your latest stats:

Length: 25 inches (22nd percentile)
Weight: 14 lbs. 7 oz. (18th percentile)
Head Circumference: 42 cm (32nd percentile)

Obviously, you're still a little girl, but you are probably our chubbiest baby yet! I love your cute little fat rolls! They make me smile & want to squish you with hugs all day long...


You obviously look cute in a bikini (evidence pictured above) & you're great to hang out with. You are so mellow & just love to take in everything around you, while sucking on your thumb (a habit your dad isn't too fond of)...


This past month, you have started sitting (while leaning forward on your hands for balance) on your own for short periods of time, as in 5-10 seconds. Anything longer than that & you topple. You have also, just in the past few days, started scooting around. Up until this point, you would just roll to get to where you wanted to go. Then, a few weeks ago, you realized your could scoot backwards & turn yourself in a circle. But, now, you can do it all. Let the baby proofing begin!


You also love to play with toys. You can shake, squish, bang, kick & throw them like nobody's business.


We started you on solid foods this past month. Let's just say you're not much of a fan of solid foods yet. You always seem to enjoy the first few bites & then you freak out and have a meltdown until someone picks you up out of your chair & saves you from the wretched solid food. I don't get it...things like bananas & applesauce MUST taste better than that nasty formula, so why don't you like them? Maybe it's just too much work. Who knows?


You're also not sleeping very good lately. You've been waking up pretty consistently the past few nights at around 4 or 5 am. I thought maybe that meant you were teething, but I can't feel any teeth yet. Whatever is causing it, I hope it changes soon. I miss my 8 hours straight that I've become accustomed to again over the past few months. You usually just eat & then go right back to sleep, so it's not too bad...but still, I'm not a fan.


You have the prettiest fingernails I have ever seen! They are long & skinny. I can tell they are going to be beautiful when you are older. My fingernails are short & stubby, so I'm mega jealous of you already. You also have the curliest eyelashes I've ever seen in my whole life! They're not as long as your brothers lashes, but they curl so perfectly! You won't ever need to use an eyelash curler if they stay that way.


Your hair is getting a little longer these days, but there's nowhere near enough to do anything cute with it yet (and I'm sure there won't be for quite some time), so we'll stick with the headbands & huge bows until then. Speaking of the bows, would you please leave them on your head? You're constantly pulling them down around your neck. Is this your way of telling me you want to wear jewelry? Are you trying to turn your bows into necklaces?


You are the smiliest baby ever! Your smile is huge & always shows off your cute dimples. I swear you have a smile on your face 90% of the time. I'll be working on something & look over at you to find you looking at me with a gigantic grin on your face, for no reason at all! I love it!!! However, when it comes to taking pictures, you're not much of a smiler. The second the camera comes on, the smile disappears. We have to have your brothers do cartwheels & all sorts of shenanigans in order to distract you from the camera & get you to smile. Otherwise, we get lots of pictures like this...


You continue to be the happiest baby I know! You are so mild mannered & patient, it is incredible! Everyone who meets you comments on what a good, happy baby you are. You are just awesome! Your brothers adore you...sometimes a little too much! You are the sunshine of this entire family! We love you! Thank you for making our lives so happy the past six months! I love you more than you will ever know! --Mommy

5 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Awe I just love little Vivvers! She is just too cute! Can't believe she is already 6 months old.

LeAnn said...

Wow! 6 months flies! What a cutie!

Poppy said...

Funny how she's all smiles until you put a camera in her face and then she gets all serious. She must be thinking: "There's that silver thing that flashes a bright light in my eyes."

The Johnson Family said...

She is SO adorable!!

Paul/Heather said...

cute cute cute cute!